When I first read Number the Stars By Lois Lowry I was in 5th grade. I was still very into the holocaust. so when I heard that we were going to be reading a book about the holocaust i got very excited. unfortunately the book was a disappointment to me. although the book was very informative for a few people in my class it was not the level i think should have gotten an award. Don't get me wrong it is a very good book but I would recommend it for younger audiences.
About the Book
The book is about a girl, her parents, sister, and best friend while they are stuck in the Holocaust. The girls friend is Jewish, and they have to pretend that they are sisters so they can stay alive. As soon as they can they escape to their the mothers brothers house and well I'm not going to give it away you will have to read it and if you do please tell me what you thought of the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment